Saturday, November 19, 2005

Brrr..

Had my first brush with negative temperatures 3 days ago..Also, happened to snow that day ( November 16, 2005 - had a C++ quiz - nothing memorable about this day, and I realize how sad graduate life is when I'm using dates of quizzes/midterms to recollect landmark events! ) .. the first time I saw flakes in life [not really ;-).. I know a lot of "flakes"..and quite a few are also friends!.. I really wish I could mention names...].

One thing that really irks me is how people here in Chicago come up to me and ask - "So how does seeing snow for the first time feel like? ". Now that's fine, but here comes the irritating part - after my reply, they go "It's gonna get worse man" ,"You've seen nothing yet" ,"The refridgerator will feel warmer"(Ok, I made up that last one!). Thanks for all the warnings , but no thanks!!

For a man who's lived his entire life (almost!) in the tropics , experiencing sub-zero temperatures ( -11 deg C , and dropping!) was a revelation.. I was relieved to find out that I could actually withstand this chill!

Another pain in the butt is getting ready to go out. I'm that kind of guy who takes 60 seconds to dress up...This figure is impossible to reach when you are going out to face the cold.. first comes a sweater, and then another (and maybe another), and then a jacket, and then the gloves, and then a cap.. man, I'm already complaining .. Wonder what state I'll be in when the refridgerator starts to feel warmer..

Hell.. it's 3 a.m in the night... Am not yet asleep..common sense seems to have drained out of me when it comes to sleeping early!

"If looks could kill.. I should have been in jail!".

Good night!

1 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger fasttrack_ravi said...

Cant help it can we?

But then you know what...I went out when it was snowing...and loved every moment of it!

dude...step out and enjoy whatever is in store...

No pt cribbing abt it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home