Thursday, July 27, 2006

Orkut..

Its been 6 months since my last post. Time flies. Laziness, however, stays as firm as ever.

Q. What is Orkut?
A. One heck of a way to kill time, that's for sure.
Orkut on Wikipedia

This post exemplifies how people can be humorous, being completely oblivious to the same.
Also, this post is a total violation of copyright - I have not asked permission from any of the people who came up with these 'words of wisdom' for posting rights. So sue me.

These are 10 sample scraps, collected painstakingly over a period of 30 minutes, after browsing through numerous scrapbooks:

1."sorry for not lifting your call."
That's ok, dude. I will lift your call the next time.

2."Btw, The hint was just so that u r not left hanging in the middle air."
Well, this was my scrap, and the humour was intentional. However, I did not come up with "hanging..air". I'm not that creative enough.

3."hi.. saw u while scraping badminton community".
The typo that drives me nuts. Orkut's most popular typo. They should incorporate auto spell check for this one.

4."wat remains is wat remains n wat gets deleted gets deleted!"
What is self explanatory, is self explanatory.

5."i wanna ask u 1 think do u like friendship to me if u dont mind if u like plz call me 09827599080"
I dont 'thing' any'think' is wrong here.

6."hi im ***** n im realy a friendlly guy n use to make my frenz realy laugh alot so can we bcom gud orkut friends as i aassur eu tat ur ealy had great time friendship with me on orkut soo um adding u don mmind but i aaassur eu tat u had great time with me on orkut so plz do add me n scrap me backk cyaaa"
My all time favourite. Literally rolled on the floor. This is definitely the product of genius. Breathless, no punctuation, with the power to crash any spell check program.

7."those were nice days...hope its gone be back some time soon"
What??

8."so u r also memeber of arkut".
'A' is nowhere close to 'O' on the keyboard.

9."Well, before he boards his BA flight, I thought of giving him a nice gift! My cute little testy!....."
Guess he had one to spare. Selfless act, I must admit.

10."forgot my orkut password for few days!"
Clear case of selective amnesia.

Of late I have developed a deep respect and addiction for Arkut (mood: sarcasm, typo: deliberate). CNN-IBN called it the opium of the internet masses. I must admit, its a loose way of keeping in touch, and getting to know what's going on in other people's lives.

I have not had much to do at my internship this week (a little longer than that, actually). Hence my enhanced respect for Orkut, and a rare motivation to put up a post. Wonder when my next post will be.

6 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe ...Nice ones..... :)
Another one ...though not as innovative as urs ...."Wud u care to add me a friend if u wish??" ....

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Swaroop Bhushan said...

haha!! nice collection. I had a good laugh in the lab too. People were staring at me. :)

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When work gets too heavy this blog is the best to lighten up.. thanks.. looking forward for more !!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Swaroop Bhushan said...

I came back to this post today just to have another ROTFL session :D..

That ingenious abbreviation for testimonial.. priceless!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger PURN!MA said...

this was great! oh ... dint anywaan ask you to give him/her your friendship? Many asked me for my frandship..and for free that too. LOL

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Hashish said...

ROTFL dude..
ROTFL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home